Website Ashton Heating & Air
We are currently hiring a full-time permanent Lead HVAC Installation Technician to join our growing Residential team! If you have 3 years plus of work experience working with HVAC systems, completion of secondary school and training courses (including welding courses), we would love to hear from you!
$40 an hour
Full Job Description
Ashton Service Group is growing! We are currently hiring a full-time permanent Lead HVAC Installation Technician to join our growing Residential team!
Ashton Mechanical Group is a leading provider of HVAC services. Our experienced technicians work throughout the Lower Mainland providing, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and mechanical system service and maintenance. We provide a professional work environment with career advancement for when you are ready to take the next step.
We are proud to say we have never laid anyone off due to shortage of work.
A few quick facts about Ashton Service Group:
- We are a family business with 90+ employees proudly serving Metro Vancouver for 35+ years.
- Our Residential Team services homes throughout the Lower Mainland, completing around 10,000 service calls and 600 installations per year.
- We are proud to have worked for notable companies and several municipal governments including the City of Vancouver, City of Richmond, Cadillac Fairview, Westbank, and Wynford Properties.
To learn more about who we are and our story, please visit: www.callashton.com
- Lead teams of 2 to install furnaces, AC’s, heat pumps, geothermal units, tankless water heaters, on strict deadlines
- Use of manometer, amp meter, combustion analyzer, soldering, propress machine, Wirsbo tools, pipe threaders, pipe benders(internal and external), Vacuum pump.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, or other specifications
- Measure and layout reference points for installation
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components such as motors, controls, gauges, valves, circulating pumps, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators, and compressors using hand and power tools
- Measure and cut piping, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Install, troubleshoot, and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems
- Startup systems and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check, and test regulators, calibrate the system, and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation, or heat pump systems
- Supply quotes/estimates to clients
Qualifications & Requirements
- Completion of secondary school and training courses, including welding courses, is preferred. Examples include:
- Confined Space
- Boom Lift
- Scissor Lift
- Fall Protection
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Canada’s Ozone Layer Protection Awareness Program for HVAC and Refrigeration
- 3 years plus of work experience working with HVAC systems. Applicant must be able to install mini-split units, furnaces, AC’s, heat pumps, tankless water heaters
- Applicant must have a proven track record of leading installation crews
- Sheet metal fabrication and welding
- Must be proficient at bending pipe
- Complete knowledge of all tools, equipment, and materials needed to perform service on refrigeration and all codes governing those services
- Class 5 license with a clean driving record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English
- Ability to draw diagrams, read blueprints and other technical literature
Compensation & Perks
- Incentive and bonus plans
- 2-weeks paid vacation to start
- Extended health and dental benefits
- 5% RRSP matching available after 1 year of employment
- Paid training to support continuous growth and to encourage promotion and advancement within the company
- Company insurance for personal tools.
- Work anniversary gift & birthday gift
- Monthly pancake and food truck breakfasts, BBQ lunches
- Company sponsored team building events including weekend fishing trips, baseball games, golf tournaments, go karting, paintball, mani-pedis, and an annual Christmas party.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40.00 per hour
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- hvac installation: 1 year (preferred)