Ashton Service Group is growing! We are currently hiring for HVAC and Refrigeration Apprentices to join our growing Commercial, Residential and Mechanical Construction teams!
Ashton Service Group is a leading provider of plumbing and HVAC services. Our professional technicians work throughout the Lower Mainland providing plumbing, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and mechanical system service and maintenance.
A few quick facts about Ashton Service Group:
- We are a family business proudly serving Metro Vancouver for 30+ years.
- Our Commercial Team has service contracts with over 300 buildings and complete service, maintenance, replacement, and installation work year-round.
- Our Residential Team services homes throughout the Lower Mainland, completing around 10,000 service calls and 600 installations per year.
- Our Mechanical Construction Team specializes in new construction projects valued between $50,000 to $5 million across all industries including commercial, residential, and industrial.
- We are proud to have worked for notable companies and several municipal governments including City of Vancouver, City of Richmond, Cadillac Fairview, Westbank, and Wynford Properties.
To learn more about who we are and our story, please watch:
HVAC AND REFRIGERATION APPRENTICESHIP AT ASHTON
At Ashton, we understand the importance of supporting students in gaining crucial firsthand experience in the trades. As such, we have been a proud ITA BC sponsor and advocate for the trades for over 25 years.
As of August 2020, Ashton is actively sponsoring 11 apprentices in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Apprentice (HL) 2019 program and have recommended 36 apprentices for certification.
As our co-founder Brian Williams says, “If you are lacking skills but got the will, at Ashton, we will be more than happy to train you up!”
- Assist journeyman technicians in service, replacement, and new installation
- Assist in properly staging jobs and adhering to quality and safety checklists
- Maintain a clean, organized job site and well-inventoried company vehicle
- Ability to work alone for advanced apprentices
- Participate actively in all formal exercises and training to master your trade
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 1-year experience as a HVAC apprentice
- Experience in HVAC service and installation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be physically fit for labour intensive work
- Class 5 driver’s license with a clean, safe record
- Salary range of $20 to $40 per hour based on experience and qualifications
- ITABC sponsorship
- Apprentice journeyman field training
- Incentive and bonus plans
- 2-weeks paid vacation to start
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Group RSP
To join our team, please scroll down to the bottom of this page and apply directly or email your resume to [email protected]with subject line HVAC and Refrigeration Apprentice.
Closing Date: As we are growing, we have an ongoing need to fill this role. If this page is up, then we are still looking for candidates! Please send in your application!
Questions? Please email [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you soon!