Website Ashton Plumbing & Air
$54–$65 an hour
Full Job Description
Commercial HVAC and Refrigeration Technician
Ashton Mechanical Group is growing! We are currently hiring for Senior Commercial HVAC/R Technicians to join our growing Commercial Team!
Ashton Mechanical Group is a leading provider of HVAC services. Our experienced technicians work throughout the Lower Mainland providing, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and mechanical system service and maintenance. We provide a professional work environment with career advancement for when you are ready to take the next step.
We are proud to say we have never laid anyone off due to shortage of work.
A few quick facts about Ashton Mechanical Group:
- We are a family business with 90+ employees proudly serving Metro Vancouver for 35+ years.
- Our Commercial Team has service contracts with over 400 buildings and complete service, maintenance, replacement, and installation work year-round – we are never slow!
- We are proud to have worked for notable companies and several municipal governments including City of Vancouver, City of Richmond, Cadillac Fairview, Westbank, and Wynford Properties.
To learn more about who we are check out our commercial department website: www.ashtonmechanicalgroup.ca
- Service, replacement, and maintenance
- Properly staged jobs and adhere to quality and safety checklists
- Maintain a clean, organized and well-inventoried company vehicle
- Work alone or together as a team with other journeypersons and apprentices
- Mentor and train HVAC and Refrigeration apprentices
- Participate actively in all formal exercises and training to stay up to date in your trade
Qualifications and Requirements
- Holder of Red Seal Refrigeration and B-Gas ticket (or equivalent) preferred.
- Experience in refrigeration and heating maintenance.
- Service troubleshooting experience.
- Complete knowledge of all tools, equipment, and materials needed to perform service on commercial refrigeration and all codes governing those services.
- Class 5 license with a clean driving record.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English.
- Ability to pass a Police Background Check.
Compensation & Perks
We exceed industry rates for senior-level JM HVAC/R techs
- Incentive and bonus plans
- 2-weeks paid vacation to start
- Extended health and dental benefits
- 5% RRSP matching available after 1 year of employment
- Paid training to support continuous growth and to encourage promotion and advancement within the company
- Company insurance for personal tools.
- Work anniversary gift & birthday gift
- Monthly pancake and food truck breakfasts, BBQ lunches
- Company sponsored team building events including weekend fishing trips, baseball games, golf tournaments, go karting, paintball, mani-pedis, and an annual Christmas party.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $54.00-$65.00 per hour
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- driver’s license (required)
- Gas (preferred)
- air conditioning & refrigeration license (preferred)